Most of us are not familiar with RBA, unless you are the manufacturer who does export. So, what is RBA? RBA stands for Responsible Business Alliance ,formerly the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), Code of Conduct establishes standards to ensure that working conditions and its supply chains are safe, workers are treated with respect and dignity, and that business operations are environmentally responsible and conducted ethically. Click here to download the RBA Code of Conduct Version 7.0 (2021).
For RBA practice, here are the few things you should know when hiring migrant workers.
- Migrant workers must be provided with a translated employment agreement in their native language and there shall be no changes allowed in the employment agreement upon arrival in the receiving country.
- All work must be voluntary, and workers shall be free to resign without penalty if reasonable notice is given as per worker’s contract.
- Employers are not allowed to hold identity or immigration documents, such as government-issued identification, passports, or work permits.
- Workers shall not be required to pay recruitment fees or other related fees for their employment.
- Unreasonable restrictions on workers’ freedom of movement on entering or exiting company- provided facilities is not allowed.
- Workers should not be forced to work more than 60 hours per week, including overtime and provided at least one day off every seven days.
- Workers shall be provided with salary slip which includes information to verify accurate compensation for work performed.
- Child labor is not allowed to be hired in any stage of manufacturing.
- Disciplinary policies and procedures shall be clearly briefed to the workers to prevent inhumane treatment.
- Workers dormitory has to be maintained clean and safe and provided with facilities liked toilet & bathroom, personal locker cabinet, rest room with reasonable personal space and ventilation, etc. Nonetheless , you need to get approval from JTKSM for your workers dormitory. Click here to know the application for workers hostel approval.
To know more about RBA, click here to contact us and we will attend to you shortly