Under Section 15 (4) of the Immigration Act 1959/63 (Act 155) , you can be fined not less than RM10,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 5 years or both if staying in Malaysia beyond the period allowed. Hence, you should renew working visa at 3 months before expiry.
Here’s what you should do.
- Check the balance of passport valid period. At least, the passport valid period should more than 12 months by the time you renew the working visa. Otherwise, renew the passport first. Then, you can’t get the passport within 1 day at some nation embassy. Click here for the process fee to renew passport at different nation embassy.
- Click here to arrange FOMEMA medical test (exclude renewal of expatriate visa) earlier. Just in case your medical test result is unfit, you can make appeal to FOMEMA. However, there are few cases are not allowed to appeal.
- Chest X-Ray abnormal and audited by FOMEMA (XQCC) as Tuberculosis (Chest X-Ray abnormal)
- Malaria Blood reactive and confirmed with BFMP as positive on primary blood sample
- Urine Pregnancy Test (UPT) positive in urine and confirmed with serum Beta – HCG as positive on primary blood sample
- VDRL test reactive and confirmed with TPHA as positive on primary blood sample
- Issue foreign worker insurance. You have options to obtain insurance plan from the insurer in market or MYEG when you renew working visa with MYEG. But, It’s easier to follow up insurance claim (if necessary) from the insurer in market.
- Renew working visa. You can renew working visa by online (except expatriate working visa) with service provider, MYEG or immigration Malaysia, e-PLKS. So, which one is better? With MYEG, you can renew your working visa at home and they will send the permit to your home. However, it’s better to register with e-PLKS because e-PLKS is an official immigration portal and it’s much convenient to follow up just in case of pending or urgent case.
Now, you are clear with the renewal process. So, this is friendly reminder that you should never renew working visa beyond the period allowed in any cause. You need to obtain special pass if you really can’t make it in time. Or else, you will be compounded under the Immigration Regulations (Compounding Offences) Act 2003 ,section 54 of the Immigration Act 1959/63 (Act 155).
If you need someone to manage your renewal cases, click here to contact us.